• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mead Recipe

I made a 3 gallon batch of this Cyser (Apple Melomel Mead) and it was very good! Not to strong. It was well received at a party I took it to. Finishes about 1.020 so there is a slight sweetness to it.

Cheers

Preston

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: In Cyser II
Brewer: Preston Brown
Style: Cyser (Apple Melomel)
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0) Finishes dry with a slight hint of spice. Very mild and tasty

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.25 gal     
Boil Size: 0.0 gal
Estimated OG: 1.085 SG
Estimated Color: 2.8 SRM
Estimated IBU: 0.0 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 20 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount        Item                                      Type        % or IBU     
4.00 gal      Apple Juice (Boil 5.0 min)                Misc                     
4.00 tsp      Yeast Nutrient (Primary 0.0 days)        Misc                     
5.00 items    Cinnamon Stick (Boil 5.0 min)            Misc                     
5.00 items    Clove (Boil 5.0 min)                      Misc                     
5.00 tsp      Nutmeg (Boil 5.0 min)                    Misc                     
13 lbs        Honey (1.0 SRM)                          Sugar        100.00 %     
2 Pkgs        Pasteur Champagne (Red Star #-)          Yeast-Champagne             

Notes:
------
Make a Yeast starter by adding two packages of yeast, Wine Yeast Nutrient, and 1 quart apple let this go for 1 day or until active fermentation has started. Warm the Honey, Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg, and Apple Juice to 160 Deg F for 20 min. Cool and add to fermenter. Add Apple Juice to = 5 Gallons and yeast starter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• Cyser.bsm
    11.2 KB · Views: 558
May I ask, you say it's a 3 gallon batch but your recipe calls for 4 gal of apple juice and the batch size says 5.25. Am I missing something in your volume here?

Is it a 3 gal, 4 gal or 5 gal recipe?

This is the scaled up version for 5 gallons. The 3 gallon used 2.4 Gallons Apple juice. and 7.5 lb honey. If you can get it, find raw honey. I have had better luck with it.

Cheers

Preston

Back