• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Something needs to be done about the rampant spammers

Ck27

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I wanted to voice my opinion and suggest that some better methods for combating the rampant spammers be put in place, I have seen about 10 spam posts a day since I joined beersmith and it's getting a bit out of control I have been doing my best to report and have them removed. But I feel something needs to be changed to make it harder for people to mass spam a bunch of peoples threads.

You can't stop spammers. We can just make it harder for them and nuke posts before search engines index them.  A moderator will quickly nuke posts when they are reported.  So, thanks for helping keep the forum mostly free of spammers and keep on reporting the bums.

Just today 150 spam attempts were thwarted.  Overall, about 1,000,000 spammers have been thwarted. 

Some of these spammers use sophisticated tools that can register, validate, login and post spam automatically.  We can block, ban and nuke posts pretty quickly but we can't automate it like they can.

jomebrew said:
You can't stop spammers. We can just make it harder for them and nuke posts before search engines index them.  A moderator will quickly nuke posts when they are reported.  So, thanks for helping keep the forum mostly free of spammers and keep on reporting the bums.

Just today 150 spam attempts were thwarted.  Overall, about 1,000,000 spammers have been thwarted. 

Some of these spammers use sophisticated tools that can register, validate, login and post spam automatically.  We can block, ban and nuke posts pretty quickly but we can't automate it like they can.

You are IP banning them right??? so they cannot make new accounts???

Back