• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Too high FG

amEIREcan

Apprentice
Reaction score
A week ago I made the base for a Raspberry wheat. Roughly 60% wheat malt, 30% 2 row and the rest mixed specialty malts. I mashed at 66.5 C with single infusion mash. OG 1.052 with an expected FG of 1.014 using Mangrove Jack Wheat yeast. Any ideas why my FG is so high?

What is your FG?  It's only been a week.  What temp did you ferment at? 

Sorry. I forgot to add what the FG was. It has been stuck at 1.022 for a few days. Ferment at 22 c

amEIREcan said:
Sorry. I forgot to add what the FG was. It has been stuck at 1.022 for a few days. Ferment at 22 c

I've had bad luck with mangrove Jack's yeasts, they just don't perform like others. I would pitch some US-05 to finish it off and clean it up.

I read the data sheet and it said low attenuation but I didn't expect 10 points over.

amEIREcan said:
I read the data sheet and it said low attenuation but I didn't expect 10 points over.

Yeah I've read that a lot of people have been having that from MJ yeasts. Seem to get stuck fermentations and only fix is more yeast u was suggesting 05 as it won't impact flavor at all.

Back