• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

British Golden Ale - Dry Hopping

MRMARTINSALES

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive currently got a british golden ale fermenting

The hops i have used are East Kent Goldings and Fuggles in the brewing process.

I plan to transfer this to a Cask but i will have a little bit of beer left over.

I was planning to dry hop whats left and bottle just as an experiment really.

Can anybody give me any advice on which hops would give a good aroma/ taste and how much to add when dry hopping?

I have the following hops at my disposal: EKG / Fuggles / Cascade / Williamette / Chinook.

Thanks in advance

MRMARTINSALES said:
Hi,

Ive currently got a british golden ale fermenting

The hops i have used are East Kent Goldings and Fuggles in the brewing process.

I plan to transfer this to a Cask but i will have a little bit of beer left over.

I was planning to dry hop whats left and bottle just as an experiment really.

Can anybody give me any advice on which hops would give a good aroma/ taste and how much to add when dry hopping?

I have the following hops at my disposal: EKG / Fuggles / Cascade / Williamette / Chinook.

Thanks in advance

Are you wanting to use just British hops or are you open to. American hops and what flavors would you be okay with.??

MRMARTINSALES said:
Would be open to American. I like a fruity taste to my beer.

Well Cascade would offer a fruity taste but if I recall right it's also a aroma hop. If you want to get a good fruity profile, I would suggest possibly Meridian or jester hops. Galaxy is another option.

Here's a breakdown,
Galaxy-passionfruit,mango,peach.
Rakau-Intense fruit flavors of stonefruit,passion fruit, oranges,mango.
Jester-Tropical Fruit,Grapefruit,blackcurrant
Meridian- lemon,mixed berry, tropical fruit.
Citra-intense citrus flavors oranges,lemons,limes.
Amarillo- grapefruit,orange,lemon,melon,apricot,peach.
Centennial-citrus,floral
Huell melon-melon,strawberry.

That's about it.

Back