• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ethical Dilema

Wildrover

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
So I made the Mo's Summer Ale recipe I found in a back issue of BYO.  Now I've never had this beer before but it sounded interested and like a good summer cooler.  Well, the beer calls for Lavender, Chamomile and Lemongrass in the secondary.  So I do that and I really think it ruined the beer.

Well, perhaps not ruined, I think the beer turned out the way it should have though I was a little low on my efficiency the spice odors and are just a little too much and it really produced I simply don't like.

What should I do, I'm thinking about dumping, I have a Breckenridge Avalanche Ale waiting in the wings that I can put on in its place.  Its aged and ready to go, I've had that beer several times and I know that I like it so there are no worries there.  It just seems a shame to dump five gallons of beer, even if its a beer you don't like?

Suggestions? 

Dry hop the bejezus out of it and hope it covers the rest. ;)

- Hare

How long have you waited?  I've had bad beer initially that turned out to be great beer after about 5-6 months.  If it has not been too much time, you might want to set it aside and store it for a few months before trying it again.

Cheers,
Brad

I agree wait it out, Aging makes a difference. But get the next batch in so you have something to drink man!  ;D Spices mellow with time.

Cheers

Preston

Back