• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Sparge Temp changing from 168 to 0

BowmanBrewCo

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am reviewing some of my recipes and see that the sparge water temperature has been changed from 168 to 0. Is there a reason for this? Obviously I would use the 168 but I can?t seem to get it back to 168. It?s stuck at 0.

Some recipes are fine some are at 0. Seems recipes I?ve made already are at 0.

Profile is Single Infusion, medium body, batch sparge. Settings are set to drain tun first then sparge.

Thanks for the help!

Can't say I've seen this before and it took a good amount of  playing with the step temp to try and replicate it.  Take a recipe that shows how you managed this and export it as a .bsmx file.  Post that file here and we can take a look at it.

Thank you.

Please see attached file.

Attachments

• You Down With H.O.P.?.bsmx
    29.8 KB · Views: 193
I downloaded the recipe and was able to change the sparge temperature with no difficulty, so it seems that the problem is not with the recipe itself. I didn't spend any more time looking into what could cause this.

--GF

Same here.  When you open up the mash profile, you have the sparge water temperature set for 0.0?F.  I don't know of anyway for that to happen other than an accidental keystroke entry when customizing or editing the profile.

I should have specified. This all occurred in the mobile app for iOS. I never changed it but once I completed a brew session, the Timer tab changed the Sparge temp to 0. I have since been able to fix using a computer but could not find a way to change it back to 168 on the app.

Any idea why it would change automatically after brewing the recipe once and entering session data?

Thanks for the help everyone!

Back