• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A report showing updated SG's etc

johnbs57

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am fairly new to BeerSmith and I am very impressed with it, thank you for all your hard work. 

I have been finding my way around customising reports.  What I would like to do is print out a Brewing steps sheet to use on my brew day and enter the measured values, SG's and volumes.  I enter these figures into BeerSmith on the session tab when possible.  Then when the beer is bottled/kegged I would like to print out a updated sheet/report showing the measured values and replace my initial brew steps report.

I may be missing something but in the list of  Commonly Used Recipe Tags the only measured ones I can find are Measured Final Gravity and Measured Original Gravity.  Is it possible to add Pre boil SG, volume, Post boil SG, measured ABV?

Apologies if this is a duplicate request or if there is a way that I can already achieve this by customising a report.

Hi, I have recently been working on a customized brewsheet also. There are some tags that I can't find, but here are a few that I found that might help you:
$POST_MASH_OG
$PRE_BOIL_OG
$DISPLAY_BOIL_SIZE
$POST_BOIL_VOLUME
$DISPLAY_BATCH_SIZE

I would like target mash PH.

Ability to put in user-defined values would be great, as well as a way to do simple math on the tags, e.g.
post-boil cooled volume = $DISPLAY_BATCH_SIZE-$TRUB_LOSS

--GF

Thank you GF, I will find them very useful.

Does anyone know if there is a definitive list anywhere?

Hi,

Hunted around for a while on this myself. There is a help file in BS2 that has a link and I found some generic BeerXML information - but not every tag works.

Attached is the best I could come up with for a custom brewday sheet - though still 1 or 2 entries I couldn't find.

Regards,
Cam.

Attachments

• BrewSheet.htm
    6.4 KB · Views: 197
I have found a list of tags in a sticky post in the Beersmith 2 Questions posts (http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,6200.0.html) it is about halfway down, recipe_tags.txt created by tom_hampton

I have found Measured batch size into fermenter $measured_volume

I'm still looking for Measured Pre-Boil Gravity (Session Tab - Volume and Gravity in Boiler) if anyone knows if the tag exists.

Thank you

Back