• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Explanation of the Differences in Membership Plans

WAhydrohead

Apprentice
Reaction score
Can someone either point me to a full explanation of the differences in Membership Plan levels or just explain their differences (at least between Basic and Gold)?

All I can find is the table located here (http://beersmithrecipes.com/upgrade), but it is not very helpful.
For instance, What is a "Direct Download Link", and why would I want one?
The lack of ability to Archive Edits makes it sound like it does not remember anything you do, but that makes no sense with 15 Recipe Online Storage, so what does that mean?

Thanks in advance

WAhydrohead said:
Can someone either point me to a full explanation of the differences in Membership Plan levels or just explain their differences (at least between Basic and Gold)?

All I can find is the table located here (http://beersmithrecipes.com/upgrade), but it is not very helpful.
For instance, What is a "Direct Download Link", and why would I want one?
The lack of ability to Archive Edits makes it sound like it does not remember anything you do, but that makes no sense with 15 Recipe Online Storage, so what does that mean?

Thanks in advance

I just have the basic software no need to have more

WAhydrohead said:

For most of us, the main difference is how many recipes can be stored. Most of us have more than 15. Access to those recipes while at the LHBS is helpful, of course.

The bookmark feature lets you tag other public recipes without adding to your storage.

The direct link is a bit more obfuscated. I think it's a link in BS2 menu tree that lets me see those recipes in a separate tab. ....That might be a feature of basic, too. I've upgraded and don't remember the basic version features/limits.

Back