• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

An outstanding Cream Ale

Passload

Apprentice
Reaction score
Here is a recipe that is on HBT. BierMuncher's Cream of Three Crops.
This is a great Summer brew. Very lager like, but it's an ale. It is very popular with the mass produced swill drinkers. Most of them don't even think it it homebrew.
Recipe is attatched below.

Click-able Pics:

Attachments

• BierMuncher's Cream of Three Crops.bsm
    13.9 KB · Views: 922
I have a recipe based off the BM recipe that is very similar -1/2 lb rice and Hallertauer hops. It is a crowd pleaser.

Cheers

Preston

Yeah, it's not to the T. Because my lhbs didn't have everything.
But this is a real crowd pleaser too.

Any suggestions on how to Brew this from an extract standpoint? I would be interested to try it Extract.

I converted this to a Partial Mash. If I were to brew it again, I would make the Corn 1lb and Rice 1lb. If you can't lager beer it wont be the same. I did a 11 gallon batch and Lagered 1/2 and used Danstar Nottingham with the other half. Two Totally Different beers! Lagering this is the way to go! I was able to pawn off the Ale at the 4th of July Party and kept the Lager for myself  ;D. Yes it was selfish of me :eek:. SO I only knew 1/10 of the people that were there  8). I did not want to waste any of the good stuff on them :-[!
Granted I have only made this as AG so Im not sure how it converts. Here is the file

Cheers

Preston

Attachments

• LAL.bsm
    14.9 KB · Views: 331
Back