• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment profile problem

richierichs3

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Im only doing the free 21 day trial at the moment. My question is when i use my equipment profile on a recipe it only changes the water batch and boil volumes but doesnt change the grain and hops. I was going from a example 20lt batch recipe to my 7 litre batch but the grain and hops stay the same as a 20 lt batch. I did the equipment wizard etc.
What am i doing wrong?

To properly change the equipment profile in a recipe and have the program recalculate the adjustment in the bill of materials, you need to use the 'scale recipe' feature found on the icon ribbon.  This tells the program to adjust the recipe to maintain the same gravity and bitterness of the original recipe but scale the water, grains, hops, and other ingredients to match the original using the new equipment profile.

Back