• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A good Beer you shall have!

Wastegate

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
After a few casual posts/email's between harebare and myself. We decided to do a beer swap. Of the three he sent so far my favorite is a medium bodied Rye that was very well rounded and had some spicy notes (I Miss Cascades), slight warmth from the alcohol (Subdued for 9%ABV!), along with a very slight banana finish that I enjoyed. No off flavors, color was great, and a head that would not die out. Half way through it I was impressed by the lacing on the glass so I took some pic's. So here they are.
Timlow_002.jpg

Timlow_006.jpg

#2 - Lighter Bodied Ale, 74 IBU, 9.15% ABV
12.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US
1.00 lb Rye Malt
1.00 lb Rye, Flaked
1.00 lb Wheat Malt
1.00 oz Cascade (Steep)
2.00 oz Williamette (Boil)
1.50 oz Nugget (Boil)
1.00 oz Cascade (Dry)
California Ale (White Labs #WLP001)

Prost!

Preston

What's the best way to ship beer?  I have a friend who just got into the hobby and I want to ship him some but he lives in Texas but I live in Florida?

Wildrover said:
What's the best way to ship beer?  I have a friend who just got into the hobby and I want to ship him some but he lives in Texas but I live in Florida?
Wrap them in Bubble Wrap, and make it tight. I shipped in a box that was 12 X 12 X 4. Cost was about $12 via UPS from Texas to Washington.

Cheers!

Preston

Wildrover said:

As long as you use a lot of bubble wrap and plastic bags to contain a potential shipping disaster, ship ups or fedex and you'll be ok. It's illeagle to ship beer in the US mail.

Back