• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Windows 10 Permissions Issue

scballfan

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I recently started receiving a Windows permission error starting BeerSmith2. "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I use 64-bit OS and am on 10.0.15063. My last Windows update was on 11/14, so it's possible that something in that build broke the permissions. I already modified the permissions for both the parent folder and executable to include full control for authenticated users; however, that yields the same error. I'm able to open other files in the folder. That said, if I copy the entire directory to another location, then I can open beersmith and access my recipes. Wondering if others have encountered this issue and if there is a fix above and beyond my dir copy workaround.

Posted too soon. I found a real-time ransomware protection feature of my backup software (Acronis TrueImage) that was blocking the executable. After trusting the file, it's executing successfully now.

Back