• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud recipe synchronizing

Derek Toering

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a recipe in my recipes.  I copy to cloud so I can enter measurements in brewery.  I save to the cloud.

I now have my 'base recipe'  and my cloud recipe.  Both same name...and same date.

I copy my cloud recipe to my recipes.  I now have 2 recipes in my recipes.  One is the base line recipe one is with brew day / alterations added.

This is confusing to me.  Why does it not synchronize the 1 single recipe?

Adding to this is the fact that I struggle with a recipe versus a brewing session.  In promash they were separate.  In beersmith a recipe is the same as a brew session with brew date etc. 

Any suggestions?

Greetings Derek - I have been looking for a feature such as what you?re suggesting for a few years now; Still waiting.  I ended up just moving my desktop PC to a location near my basement brewery.  It seems like simply using edit dates would be the simple fix, but I guess not.

Unfortunately, BeerSmith is not set up to be able to synchronize a recipe on a local folder with one in the cloud with the possible exception of one on the BeerSmith recipe cloud, but since I have not used that much, I cannot say for certain that does synchronize.

In terms of keeping brew day batches separate from master recipe files, the use of the 'brew log' feature will help with this.  I keep my recipes in folders by type and when I want to brew one, I highlight the recipe and then click on 'copy to log' in the tool ribbon.  This places an exact copy of the recipe into a new folder called "brew log".  I use the brew log folder for customization, changing the date to the brew date and entering the brew day data.  The original recipe in my recipes folder remains unchanged and I have a duplicate in the brew log with all the pertinent data for that brew session as a self-contained recording of the actual results.

Back