• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Central Washington

jwalton270

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello there. I am new to this site, I have been brewing with a buddy of mine for a little over 2 years now. I still have a lot to learn and that should really take off here soon, as I am getting set up to brew at my house. I am really excited, I have a Robobrew on the way. It should be here some time within the next few months  ;D  Actually they say early Jan. We will see. Anyways I am really looking forward to looking through the site for tips and tricks.

Cheers

jwalton270 said:
Hello there. I am new to this site, I have been brewing with a buddy of mine for a little over 2 years now. I still have a lot to learn and that should really take off here soon, as I am getting set up to brew at my house. I am really excited, I have a Robobrew on the way. It should be here some time within the next few months  ;D  Actually they say early Jan. We will see. Anyways I am really looking forward to looking through the site for tips and tricks.

Cheers

The robobrew is a great unit, I own one and would be happy to share a few tips either you, as well as my profile as s starting point.

That would be much appreciated. I thought about using the Grainfather profile but I am sure there are some differences. And if there are any key modifications that improved your brewing experience would be great to know about. I have seen a few mod's on YouTube but not sure what is necessary. Anything to get me going as soon as I can would be great.
Thanks,

J

Haha, I just searched Robobrew and saw that you essentially use the Grainfather profile with maybe a change or two to that. I think that is what I will do along with a little more research on here.

jwalton270 said:
Haha, I just searched Robobrew and saw that you essentially use the Grainfather profile with maybe a change or two to that. I think that is what I will do along with a little more research on here.

I'll let you know what to change on the GF profile the robobrew holds slightly more grain than the GF.

But even then I have a few recommended tweaks and tips that I've found out over time that I want to share :).

jwalton270 said:
That would be great.  :)

Firstly, did you buy the robobrew with or without the pump? if you got the one with the pump make sure each time you use the pump you use PBW and pump it through the lines to clean out sticky residue and guarantee that the pump doesn't get frozen up.

2nd to use the recirc arm you have this little piece of rubber that makes it fit together, keep track of that if you lose it you will have a bad day.

3rd. The measurements on a lot of robobrews are off for the gallons and liter measurements, assume they are 1 inch off.

4th. make sure you target 4 degrees above the temperature you want, this will get it just right, :) ive noticed that if you punch in like 150 it will come out about 146-148.

5th Heat the water before adding grains you will get much greater efficiency.

Awesome. I did buy the Robobrew with a pump. PBW through the pump is a great idea. For sure I will do that. I definitely do not want a bad day so I will be keeping close track of the little piece of rubber for the recirc arm. I for sure will be checking the accuracy of the gallon indications. I heard that they are off a bit but also heard that this was to be addressed on the newest ones so I will be curious to see. Great advice on the Temp. I feel like I should probably get a secondary thermometer to double check the unit itself. Seems like it will be comparable to the thermometer on my Smoker, just a bit off. Thanks again for the advice.

J

jwalton270 said:
Awesome. I did buy the Robobrew with a pump. PBW through the pump is a great idea. For sure I will do that. I definitely do not want a bad day so I will be keeping close track of the little piece of rubber for the recirc arm. I for sure will be checking the accuracy of the gallon indications. I heard that they are off a bit but also heard that this was to be addressed on the newest ones so I will be curious to see. Great advice on the Temp. I feel like I should probably get a secondary thermometer to double check the unit itself. Seems like it will be comparable to the thermometer on my Smoker, just a bit off. Thanks again for the advice.

J

Yeah, they supposedly fixed the measurements but it depends on where you bought it, might still be some old ones floating about mine was off about half an inch. So I just have to add a bit more than the line.

Back