• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Getting it on FIRE!

aamcle

Apprentice
Reaction score
I bought a copy of mobile lite which was subsequently upgraded to Full from Google App Store.

Unfortunately I now have an Amazon Fire 10 tablet and no access to Googles App Store, Amazon gouging as ever would have me buy a new copy from them. 

I don't want to do that as I've already payed for the software, so how do I get my payed for App onto my Fire tablet?

As things stand with the Fire I would not recommend it to anybody.

Amazon are hostile to their users!

Regards        aamcle

No help then  :(.........

I've sent two messages asking for help  via the contact form on the BeerSmith website but have had no reply, Oh well there's always BrewersFriend.

aamcle

My wife bought a Fire 10 just before Christmas for $100. If you got yours for a price near that you saved enough to buy more than one app with your savings over comparable tablets. Amazon sells most of their Kindle line at or very near cost and plans to make it up with related sales and the advertising they do on them. 

aamcle said:
I bought a copy of mobile lite which was subsequently upgraded to Full from Google App Store.

Unfortunately I now have an Amazon Fire 10 tablet and no access to Googles App Store, Amazon gouging as ever would have me buy a new copy from them. 

I don't want to do that as I've already payed for the software, so how do I get my payed for App onto my Fire tablet?

As things stand with the Fire I would not recommend it to anybody.

Amazon are hostile to their users!

Regards        aamcle

It's not android or iOS so you can't put the app on it. Amazon's OS is loosely based off Linux.  But that doesn't mean a program would work

Sorry it's a skinned version of Android, were I have been able to get the .apk files I have without difficulty installed the android app and run them on the Fire.

Amazon sells the droid version of BeerSmith but as I have paid once....

I've come to dislike the Fire the adverts are very intrusive and it's so bound into Amazon that it's inflexible.

I seriously considering rooting it it's that bad.

aamcle

aamcle said:
Sorry it's a skinned version of Android, were I have been able to get the .apk files I have without difficulty installed the android app and run them on the Fire.

Amazon sells the droid version of BeerSmith but as I have paid once....

I've come to dislike the Fire the adverts are very intrusive and it's so bound into Amazon that it's inflexible.

I seriously considering rooting it it's that bad.

aamcle

I just don't see the point of one, outdated hardware,cheap, proprietary software just not really a market.

[/quote]

I just don't see the point of one, outdated hardware,cheap, proprietary software just not really a market.
[/quote]

Really not a market? If you knew how big of a mover the Kindle product line is you'd be amazed. The Kindle started out as an e-reader and grew from there. Many of the models today are still competitive in the e-reader market and have many added features. You can also get versions without the advertising if you're willing to pony up more money.

I'm not advertising for Amazon, I sold my Amazon stocks for a tidy profit a couple of years ago so no longer have any interest.  I just believe in knowing what you're looking to buy and doing a little research to see if the product does what you need it to do and how the competition compares. Once you've done this you can almost always end up with a product that will meet your expectations, if you're willing to pay the price. If you shop for price alone you are just asking to be disappointed IMO.

I own a Kindle Fire and a Smart Phone. I find that they both have their places and use the hell out of each for what they do best. If I had to give one up, it would be the Smart Phone.

The reality is they are different platforms with separate app stores and if you want to run on both platforms, you will have to buy from both stores.  I've rooted some for this same reason.  My first fire had built-in firmware I could always revert to which I did a few times.  Not sure about the current models. 

I found this link as well as many other by searching http://bfy.tw/GF01. 
https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

Good luck.  Let us know if you are successful.

Cheers!

Back