• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

hop additions

alpal

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me with a quick question on hop additions, I am preparing a Dr Smurto's Golden Ale and have scaled a recipe in beersmith 2 from 23ltrs down to 20ltrs, I intend to use Amarillo for bittering & Citra for flavor and Aroma as follows....
12.8 Amarillo @ 60 ...... 11.77 Citra @ 20m .... 11.9 Citra at 0m for approx 33 ibu's. Does this seem about right?? I don't like a real ''hoppy'' beer so does this sound right?
The original additions in the 23ltr were all Amarillo... 20 @ 60 .... 26 @ 20 .... 26 @ 0
also what is the best procedure for the 0min additions? do I put it in a hopsack and add it at flameout then remove it when transferring to the cube, or just chuck it in at flameout, or chuck it in at whirlpool stage? I am doing a BIAB with no chill and don't wish to dry hop.
cheers and thanks in advance.

Back