• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Jet Bottle Washer

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Thought I would start this off...

I bought a Jet Carboy/Bottle Washer - probably 8 years ago and this thing is still going strong!  Works great for bottles and I occasionally use it to rinse out the Carboy as well.  Seals well under pressure and opens up as you put the bottle over it.  Attaches easy to my utility sink - I use it without the kitchen sink adapter.

Here's the link to the company that makes them, though they are widely sold through many brew stores.

http://www.antonco.com/jetcarboy/

My personal opinion - a great washer that does what it advertises.

Cheers!
Brad

I concur... the washer works well. I don't use it as much anymore, because I keg a lot and I was having problems with junk built up on the sides of the bottles that would only come off with a brush.

Interesting sidebar: I work in the city where this thing is made :)

I've used this product for well over 20 years (maybe even 30 years) & have been very satisfied with it. I actually had one wear out, i.e. the trigger wore through & broke off.
The life-time warantee they offer is real. I shipped the old one back to them & they promptly shipped me a new one along with a refund on my shipping costs.
You can't beat that for good service.

Zymur

I also recently purchased one of these and find that it works well.

Dave

I will add my kudos to this product as well.  This thing did very well to wash out a carboy and bottles.  Any new brewers looking at this thread, buy one, it will make your life a lot easier.

Interesting sidebar: I work in the city where this thing is made
Then We shall have to drink a beer when I'm in TC next time!

Yes this is a great tool.  I still bottle and with it I probably have to use the brush only on 1-2 bottles for a whole five gallons batch.

Actually, I think the real help is in cleaning the carboys.  You can get about everything off, then use the bruch and sanitizer on the Krausen ring, rinse again and you are good.

Nice guy who runs the company too.  Responds to emails.

Agreed on all counts.  I've owned the same one for 15+ years.  Still works great!  Definitely a quality product.

Well I have only been brewing for close to 2 years now and I only use bleach water to clean my bottles and carboy.  I don't own a bottle brush and I have only used my carboy brush once.  It just couldn't reach the kreusen ring.  What I do is rinse out well after use, soak my bottles in bleach water before bottling day, rinse well, then and sanitize.  My carboy I rinse all the debris out thoroughly and clean by using bleach water and shaking vigorously.  I may store it upside down to clean the ring.  I have found that  soaking removes all the stuck on debris.  I try to keep my carboys in use, but when not in use I store them with bleach water to keep them clean. 

Managed to buy a pump from halfords and connected the pipe from the bottom of the water bottle to the inlet of the pump then out to the washer jet. Works a treat 
  I can now run through a separate switch but intrigued to find out more about the micro switch in place of the vacuum pump on the original switch.
Any body got any more info or links I can look at??

Cheers Paul.

Interesting sidebar: I work in the city where this thing is made
Let me know next time yer in Muskegon, we will have to go to Oddside Ales and have a Peanut Butter Stout! Anyway I bought one last fall. One of the best brewing purchases Ive made. Think it was less than 15 bucks.

Back