• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud and Local Folder Synchronization

Habermeister

Apprentice
Reaction score
I did some looking, but did not see this specific question so I am going to ask. If it was answered, my apologies. So my twist on the cloud vs the local folders is that after copying a recipe to the cloud it would be nice when updated and saved (either place) that the other version would be updated as well. I moved a recipe to the cloud to brew using my tablet rather than pc, but made some changes on the fly and enter session data on the tablet. The local was not updated and when I copied it back to the folder, I just ended up with two versions local. It would be awesome to be able to keep everything in sync so I can work from anywhere and always know that I am on the latest version...thanks!

BeerSmith captures all data as flat files. Each iteration of the recipe is created and stored separately.

It's based on the idea that brewing techniques, ingredients and equipment change over time. So, the "true" original isn't lost. I think this is still relevant, but that syncing as you've described should still be possible through a sandbox or scratchpad portion of the app. I'd also like to see the versions feature become nested layers of the recipe, so there aren't a bunch of awkwardly named duplicates.

Back