• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Moved CO2 tank outside kegerator

tdibratt

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi folks I have a dual tap kegerator.  Moved CO2 outside and ran the gas line to a manifold with 2 hoses. 

I plan on having a blonde and a oatmeal stout in there but they each require different psi. 

How are folks managing 2 kegs with different psi settings off of one regulator.

Thx

For that you would need a secondary regulator. You can just split the difference in psi in the absence of a secondary.

Or, use a splitter and don't run continuous gas to the kegs. Carbonate each beer to the level you want. Then, leave the splitter valves closed unless you need to bump.

Mark

merfizle said:
Or, use a splitter and don't run continuous gas to the kegs. Carbonate each beer to the level you want. Then, leave the splitter valves closed unless you need to bump.

Mark

That doesn't work too well when the keg is full. You'd be bumping pressure for every couple of pints. Once the level is reduced in the keg it works much better.
Inexpensive mini regulators and pressure gauges are available from some on line suppliers.

True, but it's more like four or five pints which is no biggie. It's easy to just open the kegerator door to flip a valve on/off for 2-3 seconds. Another advantage, I only fill by 10lb tank once a year. And that's carbonating/serving 170 gallons of beer last year.

Mark

Back