• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Grainfather pump - enough power to push into the bottom of the fermentor ?

sciyan

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi
I always transfert the hot wort through the chiller on then into the fermentor by the top of it.
I was thinking about transfering the wort by the ball valve at the bottom of my fermentor.
However, I have no idea if the pump has enough power to push against 20L of wort ?
Is anybody already tested it ?
Thanks

sciyan said:
Hi
I always transfert the hot wort through the chiller on then into the fermentor by the top of it.
I was thinking about transfering the wort by the ball valve at the bottom of my fermentor.
However, I have no idea if the pump has enough power to push against 20L of wort ?
Is anybody already tested it ?
Thanks

I haven't tried it and I have a robobrew which functions basically the same. but I would assume it would work.

It takes a negligible amount of pressure from the pump to fill 20l.  I do it all the time from a vessel lower than my kettle.

Back