• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Howdy from north of Seattle

Rodent

Apprentice
Reaction score
been home brewing for a couple years now, and all-grain as of Jan '18. what started as a group buy of five guys buying the gear from a guy getting out of brewing has slowly dwindled down to just me flying solo with all the others losing interest or simply not having the available time to brew a batch at least 1-2 times per year

last weekend was my third all-grain and third brewday this year - a Russian Imperial Stout. new for this brew was my Rednekk HERMS on the cheap setup to extend temp control during mashing. nothing fancy beyond a wort chiller coil in my HLT recirculated back into the insulated mash tun. this rig worked like a champ, and I was easily able to control mashing temps (even better since I continue to miss target temp on this Chapman insulated tun, even with pre-heating to 165F before adding the 22 pounds of grain to the 165F water)

I recently swapped over to kegging, and have a homebuilt kegerator with two taps. why I waited so long to do this I have no idea. I can always bottle the remnants of a keg when I'm ready to change up what's pouring ... but so far no keg has lasted that long  ;D

next up is an Imperial Red and then another Imperial IPA

Attachments

• HERMS_v1.0_2018Mar10.jpg
    HERMS_v1.0_2018Mar10.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 379
Back