• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

ABV values differ

Tom W

Apprentice
Reaction score
Unless I am not reading my application properly,
For a given recipe  (copied to Cloud, no changes),
My iPhone app has an ABV = 8.19% while my Cloud recipe (same) has ABV = 6.6%  (more realistic).

Is this a bug in my iPhone app?
If so is there a fix?

I use my iPhone app the most so I need it to be correct.

Thoughts?

iPhone App Version 2.3.4
PC Version  Version 2.3.12

Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• iPhone vs PC App calculations.pdf
    207.9 KB · Views: 266
It is not the ABV that differs so much as the FG. The ABV is calculated from the difference between OG and FG. Your pictures show differences in FG which leads to differences in the calculated ABV but the calculations themselves are OK. As to why your FG estimates differ, I don't know. Mash temperature and yeast are the biggest contributors to variations here. If it was really the same recipe with the same mash settings and profiles, then I would check your global settings. On the desktop version go to Options->Advanced and look at the section called "Adjust Final Gravity Based on Mash Temperature" and make sure that the settings there are the same for both installations. I don't have the mobile version so I can't give instructions for that.

--GF

Good Point...,
The issue is with FG Estimation.
iPhone App calling out 1.008
PC App calling out 1.02 for some reason.

Advanced settings appear to be the same.
Thanks for your input.
I will continue to research the 2 application settings.

Found it.
:)

Mash Profiles were different affecting the FG.
Guess that does not carry over on a iPhone to PC Cloud copy.
Maybe it shouldn't...

Either way,
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Problem solved...

Back