• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

YCH Hops

Bairsbrewing

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there a way to add YCH hops to the ingredient lists?  I looked in the add-on area and do not see them.  I also installed the most recent Hop Update add-on but don't see the hops there as well.  Just curious.  I know that I can add a custom ingredient to the list, but was hoping that it would already have been done as with the new yeasts that are out there.

Bairsbrewing said:
Is there a way to add YCH hops to the ingredient lists?  I looked in the add-on area and do not see them.  I also installed the most recent Hop Update add-on but don't see the hops there as well.  Just curious.  I know that I can add a custom ingredient to the list, but was hoping that it would already have been done as with the new yeasts that are out there.
[/quotif they aren't in add-ons then you probably have to add then yourself. Most hops are.

Which hops from YCH are you looking to add?  YCH is a supplier of many different variety of hops, most which are already in BeerSmith.  As Ck27 said, you can add any missing hops by obtaining the specification sheet and entering them yourself.

Oginme said:
Which hops from YCH are you looking to add?  YCH is a supplier of many different variety of hops, most which are already in BeerSmith.  As Ck27 said, you can add any missing hops by obtaining the specification sheet and entering them yourself.

What I do is look up the lot code when I buy YCH as they always provide it, and then add in the specs for the specific hops that I am using as they do have some differences each batch.

Back