• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewers IQ

L

Lowell M. Rowley

Hi, I just joined this forum and in looking at the posts I became intrigued by the post- Are brewers really smarter? I don't know, but I know a lot of other men who have hobbies that cost a lot more, take more time, that involve killing things, catching things(trying) breaking legs and arms, end in frustration(golf), allienation from the children andsometimes divorce.
Smarter? I don't think so because the more I learn the more I find I need to learn, but spending an afternoon at home playing with water and ending up with something as good as craft beer cant' be too stupid a thing to do

If I recall we agreed that "smarter" was not the right word - I believe "imaginitive",  "creative" or even "crazy" comes a little closer to the mark.  Though that can certainly be said of many other hobbies that people engage in.

It does seem to me that brewing attracts a different sort of person - though I can say I have met all kinds of people brewing.

For me - there is something primevil about standing over the brewpot stirring my latest brew!

Cheers!
Brad

Back