• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Various files being recreated on each BeerSmith Use

millerrl143

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have noticed that there are several files that are reproduced each time you open BeerSmith. Age, carbonization, Hops, equipment, and many other files are added each time one opens BeerSmith.  Each increments 1 count for each opening.  Like Age1, then Age2 etc.  They all do this.  There may be a reason for this but, it is normal and why does this happen?

Will someone just check their Documents\BeerSmith directory and see if you have multiple entries for these files?  That way I know my system is NOT screwed up!! Thanks in advance.

It's normal behavior. The numbered versions are backups with the highest number being the oldest. Each time you close BeerSmith, the database is bumped back by one and the most recent is saved as the unnumbered version.

Is it normal to see many numbered files at one time, say five or six of the same thing like hops?  Hops, Hops1, Hops2, Hops3, etc?  Seems like a waste of disc space if this goes on very long.  Just wondering.  Thanks for answering the last time.

Back