• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello form Hudsonville MI

ml2brew

Brewer
Reaction score
Hello my name is Matt.  I am form Hudsonville MI.  That is half way between Holland and Grand Rapids.  I have been homebrewing for about 9 months.  I got started by first making wine.  I always thought that I enjoyed it more than beer until a friend of mine introduced me to a local brewery named Founder's.  Then I became a beer guy.  I just never had the right beer.  I definelately dislike main stream beer and prefer big hoppy ales.  Founder's Red's Rye Ale is my favorite. 

I started brewing extracts did a couple, moved to partial did several then the last time I brewed (about 1 week ago) made then move to all grain.  I just put that beer into secondary.  It is an all centennial hop IPA that I am very excited about.

I just stared using Beer Smith for my last brew with in the 21 day free trail.  That is all I needed to sell me.  I had been using an on line calculator and I just did not get the job done.  I look forward to talking to all of you!

Welcome to the forum, and let us know how the AG batch turns out.
Cheers
Preston

UselessBrewing said:
Welcome to the forum, and let us know how the AG batch turns out.
Cheers
Preston

Just started t.o crack these open and I am very pleased.  Great Centennial hop flavor and aroma.  Suppported by a good body.  Maybe a little heavy on the alcohol.  I under estimated how effecient I was going to be.  Overall I gave it a 45.  I am excited about this and will brew it again.

Back