• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Custom reports

yegnal

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have followed these steps; Installing a Custom Report:

Copy your report template (either in TXT or HTML) to your Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports directory.  If you have changed the directory where BeerSmith documents are stored, please install your file to that directory/Reports instead.

Select the Options dialog from the Tools menu

Select the Reports tab

Click on the Add Report button

Enter the display name of your report - which is the title that will be displayed in the reports drop-down

Select the type - either plain text or HTML (web page)

Enter the file name for your new template such as MyReport.txt or MyReport.html

Press Ok to save it, and Ok again to close the options dialog

NOW THE STEP BELOW I CANNOT LOCATE ANY DROPDOWN, ANYWHERE IN ANY PREVIEW PANE OR AN PANE FOR THAT MATTER.  WHAT'S THE STORY.....?

Go to the preview pane under your My Recipes view and select your new report from the Reports dropdown displayed on the preview pane

THIS IS BAFFLING.

I have attached a screen shot with my preview pane on the right and the dropdown circled. Does your screen look anything like this? Posting a screen shot would help.

--GF

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    217.4 KB · Views: 452
I don't see anything circled in your screenshot.... 

Click on 'view' > 'show/hide sidebar' to get a report panel up in your screen.  Then you will see the section Gigafemto circled in the screenshot.

The circled part is off to the right, so you need to scroll the screen shot to see it. Sorry about that. I didn't realize it until after I had posted it.

Oginme was incorrect about the 'show/hide sidebar'. That shows or hides the panel to the left of the 'My Recipes' pane. What he meant to say was: click on 'View' then 'Preview on Right' or 'Preview on Bottom' to show the preview pane with the dropdown.

--GF

Thanks for the correction GigaFemto!  You are correct, it is 'preview on right' which shows the correct pane.  That's what happens when I've been woken up at 3 AM by the cry of a newborn kid!

I have no issue finding the preview pane.. You can see it's open on my screenshot from the previous post... 

What I'm not seeing is what is referred to in the help as "Go to the preview pane under your My Recipes view and select your new report from the Reports dropdown displayed on the preview pane"

Looking at my screenshot from the previous post, there's no reports dropdown....

The screenshot here shows where I added the custom report.

Attachments

• report added.jpg
    report added.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 341
The preview pane is not open on your screenshot. What you have open is the 'sidebar'. The preview pane is either on the right or the bottom of your recipe list. Click on 'View' then 'Preview on Right' or 'Preview on Bottom' to show the preview pane with the dropdown.

--GF

Back