• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Reset the data on a recipe

johnbs57

Apprentice
Reaction score
After I have brewed a beer I can copy the recipe to my log using the button on the ribbon or just copy it to another folder.  When I want to brew that beer again it contains the session data from my previous brew.  It is possible ti reset this recipe so that the session tab shows the default values?

Many Thanks

You could copy the recipe to the brewlog and record the data in there. That way, the log reflects what happened and the correct date, while the main recipe stays untouched.

What brewfun says!  It is the easiest way to track recipes brewed.

If you find that your main recipe has some data in it that you want to reset, you can go to the sessions tab and click on the button 'clear session data'.

That is what I do.  Copy from recipes to brew log, then change the recipe for that session.  I often change hops or swap some ingredient maybe add something different.  I use brew log to track those with brew day notes, recipe changes and tasting notes for that beer.

I then export my recipes to 1.2 format, import them to the old version, export them as web pages then post them on my little web server to share and lookup later for stats or ingredients while shopping, etc.  http://web.jomebrew.com/jomebrew/jomebrew.htm  Because of the extra steps, I only do it every few months.  Looks like it is time to do it again.

Cheers!

Back