• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

CAN I ADD A YEAST COLUMN TO "MY RECIPES"

WESBREW

Apprentice
Reaction score
I looked through 'customize columns' but couldn't find anything that looked like actual yeast in recipe. I thought it would be helpful to add a yeast column so I could sort my recipes by the specific yeast from time to time. This would  help plan consecutive brews with the same yeast.

Great idea, completely logical... can't find it either.  There are other yeast values you can add, just not the actual yeast

Brad?

Rick

This is also true for hops, grain and other ingredients. You can't make them a column on "My Recipes". One problem with trying to do that is that you can have multiple yeasts, hops and grains in a recipe. Which one would you pick for the column? If you like to categorize your recipes by the yeast used, you could make sub-folders based on the yeast (or other ingredient). A recipe with multiple ingredients could be placed in multiple folders. Not the most elegant solution, but it would work.

--GF

Thinking about this a bit more, one solution would be a search function with filters. You could ask for a list of all recipes with a certain hop or yeast, or perhaps even add some more complex filtering with AND and OR functions.

--GF

In BS3, you can do a 'local search' for ingredients which will give the ability to search by an ingredient (such as yeast) or multiple ingredients.

thanks for the replies. good idea on the search.  the search box to the right on BS2 will only search recipe name, but yes, you can use the "search all" tab at the top of the window. I typed in several different yeasts and it pulled up all recipes with the yeast I was searching for. Sorting would be nice but this gets the job done.  I want to start top-cropping and get at least one extra brew out of the yeast. I don't have too many exotic yeasts in my list so this should save a little money, and time doing starters.

Back