• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help me on recipes

bocoid

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, i'm a newbie on homebrewing. I try beersmith software and i think that is fantastic!!!

I have a question... When i download a recipes from beersmith recipes website and open in beersmith i can view recipe with original equipment. Is possible adapt downloaded recipe to my equipment? When i set my equipment on downloaded recipe not change kg of ingredient to respect original recipe but change recipe mantaining all original ingredient.

Can you help me?

There is a function on the toolbar labeled 'scale recipe'.  You can open the recipe you downloaded, then click on this button.  Change the profile to your preferred equipment profile and click to have the scaling 'match original gravity, color and bitterness'.  The program will then adjust the recipe to match your profiles!

Open the recipe, then click on the white box to the right of "Equipment", and select your equipment profile.

I'm also a newbie and needed the same help. This addmefast review was really helpful. So, thanks for the help.

Back