• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith for iPhone?

I have recently switched to an Android phone, and it would be great to also see 'droid users in your plans.

kansas_cty_shfl said:
I know it's already been said but I want to throw a little more support for iphone/ipad versions.  I LOVE the idea of thinking/formulating recipes on my desktop, picking up supplies with my iphone, and then using my ipad to help guide me through brew day.

Yes please +1.  I am an iPad and iPhone carrier and would love to see transparent functionality between these and my Macbook....Dropbox would work nicely I am sure.

I feel that the most key feature for any future app (which should also be available for Android) would be recipe database and inventory. Thinking about when you're doing a supply run those would be the two most important things to have at your fingertips. Basic calulations are also great to have on hand, as is a hop timer. But I don't see me using the app while brewing, other than for a timer. As someone said, too much liquid going around. But it's a perfect for on-the go, and even sharing recipes.

I have used brewing apps on both Iphone and Android phones.  I found  them to bee too small and inconvenient.  I don't use either anymore.  They were most useful while at the homebrew store to look up ingredients I needed.  They are not so convenient to do that.  They have been pretty much useless on brew day.  I usually have my own android beer tools handy and a notepad and paper.

I recently converted a my nook color to an android tablet.  This form factor is really the minimum for a brewing app.  I have a couple I play with but it would be nice to have beersmith on my android tablet and be able to sync it to my desktop.

I feel for Brad.  All these platforms are different and making native apps for half a dozen platforms is not a task for one person. 

jomebrew said:
I have used brewing apps on both Iphone and Android phones.  I found  them to bee too small and inconvenient. 

I would have to second this sentiment.  I still use the iPhone apps, but, would rather have it on an iPad instead.

Cheers,

Dukester

I tried to do a search on this before just starting a new post and this appeared to be the most relevant, so I'm resurrecting it.

I haven't came across an iPhone brewing app that's convinced me enough to spend money on.  If it wasn't for the some of the reviews for Brew Pal, I would totally try it being just a $1 (I'd prefer to wait for his 2.0 version before I would buy based on his website and the reviews in the App Store).  I use to have some pretty good free ones on my Droid before I switched to the iPhone 4S.  Now that I recently bought the 2.0 for Mac, I certainly agree that it would be nice to have an iPhone app that works with the software on my computer.  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have an standalone app of Beersmith with most of the functions that the computer version offers, but a separate one tailored for current computer-based Beersmith users would be nice too.  A portable version that can sync the two together (in both directions) would be quite handy.  I'd pay a $1 for an accompanying, complimentary one.  I don't own an iPad at this time, but that certainly sounds like a good option to have as well.

Just wanted to share my interest for one too.

Back