• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't run Beersmith 3 on my Microsoft surface pro 4

HugoBourret

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I uninstall/reinstall many time, change directory, change directory name, whitelist on Kaspersky, got the new version that suppose to fix that issue and I still get the message below.

I'm thirsty!! Any ideas?

BeerSmith can't access the existing main data directory:
C:\Users\M?lanie\Documents\BeerSmith3a/
Check that the directory exists and has not moved, been archived or deleted acidentally.
Also check if you changed your Antivirus Program. Try whitelisting BeerSmith in your antivirus program and then run Beersmith again.
You can also pick a new directory but this is not recommended as BeerSmith has already been installed

The surface pro is a tablet. You might need to run the mobile version of BS.

Surface Pro is Windows.  Native Windows apps should work, not the mobile app.  I have not tried to install on my surface pro.  I expect the screen would not look so good on the supper HiRes display. 

I'll go try the mobile version but a surface pro 4 is a computer with a tablet look!! Not much solutions proposed.

I just installed on my Surface Pro 4.  Looks great maximum resolution.

It might be the strange character in your user directory.  Try resetting the data directory to another directory like "C:\BeerSmith3"

Brad

Back