• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredient prices not saving.

LeeH

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all,

Every time I adjust the price when adding a hop or malt BS3 never seems to save the cost so every time I add the same hop I have to add the cost again.

The default costs on some items are way off what we pay over here in blighty.

???

Where are you making the price adjustment?  If you make the adjustment in the ingredient profile, then you will need to update any existing recipes which can be done by clicking on 'update prices' on the design tab of a recipe. 

If you are making the price adjustment in a recipe, then you will need to click on 'save item' for that item within the recipe to be saved into the ingredient profiles.

The default costs are place holders and do not represent pricing for an item around the globe.  I update pricing annually based upon my costs from the previous year and also update the specifications for the materials I purchase based upon the COA from the manufacturer, specification from the manufacturer or distributor web site, or information from the packaging.

Like much in BeerSmith, the profiles and process parameters are meant to be customized to meet your specific needs.

Thanks for the reply.

I am making the adjustments every time I add a hop, malt or yeast to the recipe.  So if I have 5 additions of the same hop I have to adjust the price 5 times.  It does not keep the price I have just given it.

E.g. I have completed a recipe and saved it after saving the hop price 5 times.  I know add that hop to another and I have to change it another 5 times.

I just presumed once I have told BS that a yeast cost me 8GBP it would know that the next pack would cost the same.

LeeH said:
OK, so I have to add the prices into the library BEFORE building the recipe...

You can update prices within the recipe by clicking on 'update prices' button next to the design box.  This will bring in the latest ingredient pricing for each of the materials listed.

Back