Author Topic: Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher  (Read 10049 times)

Offline Beer_Tigger

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr baby! Very Grrrrr!!!
Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:38:13 PM »
Wow, I can't emphasize enough how much this book has helped open my eyes to brewing.

On a scale of 1 - 10, this is definitely a 10.

It is a very interesting read with plenty of colorful beer history and a good sense of humor.  There are many recopies and recipe ideas that take you off the beaten path and allow your creative mind to wander.  It makes a great gift for any brewer, all grain or extract.  Ask for it for your birthday!
"Let's see if this here beer will help me to stop procrastinating." - my cousin

Offline UselessBrewing

• Useless Brewing
    • Useless Brewing
Re: Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »
Agreed, it is a Must Have in the beer library. I made the Kotbüsser from this book that was really good!

Kotbüsser: Traditional brew from the region (county, province) of Germany now called "Cotbuss". Was behind Iron Curtain for a lot of the 20th century. Part wheat, part barley, part oats. Should have a head to eat with a spoon, with a sluggable beer under it. Should go great with Roquefort cheese, most berry based deserts, many smoked meats. Illegal to brew after Rheinheitsgebot 2° oats, wheat, small amounts of honey and molasses.

Guess I should try some of the other recipes...

Cheers
Preston
The woodpecker pecks, Not to annoy, But to survive!

Offline SOGOAK

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 05:49:30 AM »
Yea I am almost done with the book too.  I think it is great. From what I hear, the recipes work out well.  I like that he gives the tools to design your own along each style.
Good Recipe, Good Ingredients, Good Procedure, Good Sanitation = Good Brew.

Offline JSherm

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 11:40:22 PM »
I just purchased this book after reading about it on this thread.... What a great book! 

I am not a big reader, but am already on page 50 after opening the book (believe me, this is good for me).  I briefly skimmed the book prior to beginning the read... it is definitely radical...  I cannot wait to try the Nirvana Chanterelle Ale (using fresh Chanterelle Mushrooms).... I know, sounds weird to me too - I have to though, my wife is a wild mushroom hunter and forages for Chanterelles a couple times a month (during the Chanterelle season)!!

I recommend this book to every Home Brew Library!

JSherm

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »
I'm actually going to feature an interview I did with Randy Mosher on the blog this week - Radical Brewing is one of my favorites too!

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Smurfe

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 03:03:13 PM »
How To Brew, Brewing Classic Styles, and Radical Brewing. The only books a brewer needs. This book is fantastic.

modification