• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher

Beer_Tigger

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Wow, I can't emphasize enough how much this book has helped open my eyes to brewing.

On a scale of 1 - 10, this is definitely a 10.

It is a very interesting read with plenty of colorful beer history and a good sense of humor.  There are many recopies and recipe ideas that take you off the beaten path and allow your creative mind to wander.  It makes a great gift for any brewer, all grain or extract.  Ask for it for your birthday!

Agreed, it is a Must Have in the beer library. I made the Kotbüsser from this book that was really good!

Kotbüsser: Traditional brew from the region (county, province) of Germany now called "Cotbuss". Was behind Iron Curtain for a lot of the 20th century. Part wheat, part barley, part oats. Should have a head to eat with a spoon, with a sluggable beer under it. Should go great with Roquefort cheese, most berry based deserts, many smoked meats. Illegal to brew after Rheinheitsgebot 2° oats, wheat, small amounts of honey and molasses.

Guess I should try some of the other recipes...

Cheers
Preston

Yea I am almost done with the book too.  I think it is great. From what I hear, the recipes work out well.  I like that he gives the tools to design your own along each style.

I just purchased this book after reading about it on this thread.... What a great book! 

I am not a big reader, but am already on page 50 after opening the book (believe me, this is good for me).  I briefly skimmed the book prior to beginning the read... it is definitely radical...  I cannot wait to try the Nirvana Chanterelle Ale (using fresh Chanterelle Mushrooms).... I know, sounds weird to me too - I have to though, my wife is a wild mushroom hunter and forages for Chanterelles a couple times a month (during the Chanterelle season)!!

I recommend this book to every Home Brew Library!

JSherm

I'm actually going to feature an interview I did with Randy Mosher on the blog this week - Radical Brewing is one of my favorites too!

Brad

How To Brew, Brewing Classic Styles, and Radical Brewing. The only books a brewer needs. This book is fantastic.

Back