• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer sheet preview not working

gregarpp

Apprentice
Reaction score
When I press the preview button for the recipe nothing happens.

Using the button and the pull down menu.

Any suggestions?

I guess I have to ask which view you are in?  If you have a recipe open for editing and press the "Print Preview Brewsheet" button it should go to print preview mode and show you the brewsheet listing.

If you are in the "My Recipes" view where it displays a list of recipes and then press "Preview as Brewsheet" it will NOT go into print preview mode, but rather toggle the display in the "Preview pane" between the brewsheet list of instructions and a normal ingredient listing.  This lets you set the preview pane to your desired listing depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

Cheers!
Brad

I am in the view to add/edit the recipe.

I hit the Print Preview Brew Sheet.

Nothing happens.

If I remmeber correctly, it used to pop open a print preview sheet showing my recipe.

It still makes the "click" sound but nothing happens.

Pete,
 OK, so it sounds like it used to work but no longer does.  Most likely this is a function a change in your internet explorer or netscape settings, as BeerSmith uses these functions to display print preview.

We did have one instance of this with a user  who had recently changed his netscape settings.  When he set his browser settings back to the default settings it cleared the problem up.

Also - are you running Windows 98-Me or Windows 2000-XP?  If you are running Windows 98 you need to make sure you have all of the second edition updates and the latest version of Internet Explorer.

By the way - you can always work around this by going to the "My Recipes" view and selecting the recipe you want to view and then setting up the preview pane to display the brewsheet.  You can also print the brewsheet from this view.

Hopefully one of the above will help - but let me know if you are still in limbo!

Cheers!
Brad

Back