• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS3 for Linux

fognl

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just curious on if there is a more accurate eta for the Linux version of BeerSmith 3?  I purchased my subscription as soon as it was available not noticing the Linux version was due 'late July', so I've been anxiously waiting its release.  Thanks!

I'm trying to finalize it this week and hope to have at least something for download this week.

Brad

<3 looking forward to it, have been holding off to purchase 3 until it's available. unfortunately, 2 no longer works in the latest debian release, as it's built with statically linked libraries and uses old incompatible versions. :(

i tried to use the mobile version for now, but it crashes sometimes, and i lose my progress when entering recipes. i'll have to resort to using a virtual machine with an old ubuntu version, for now, i guess.

eagerly awaiting the new release...

Hello Smithy

Like one of the other posters I have been waiting for this.  What exactly will "something" be?

Thanks  -  JM

I'm planning to have the Linux DEB files for Ubuntu 18.04 and 16.04 posted tomorrow (2 August) on the main download page.

Brad

I just recently installed the production version on Ubuntu 18.04 and so far so good.  It did an import of my v2 recipes without a hitch.
Well done!

BeerSmith said:
I'm planning to have the Linux DEB files for Ubuntu 18.04 and 16.04 posted tomorrow (2 August) on the main download page.

Brad

Thank you Brad.  Thanks for providing versions for both 16.04 and 18.04 Ubuntu.  I thought there was something wrong first when 18.04 wouldn't install for me due to libssl version issue, but turns out KDE Neon is still based on 16.04, so that deb works great.

I'm going to have some fun playing with this now.

Will an RPM install be provided, also?  I can extract DEB files and install manually.  But, I get an activation error with BeerSmithRecipes.com.  Activation works for my BeerSmith2 instance, which was installed from an RPM build.

For those of you who have trouble with dependencies the package includes a fairly complete list of the items needed.  Run "dpkg -I BeerSmith*.deb" to see the list of dependencies.

Brad

Hello!
I just converted the .deb to a .rpm and I'm with the same problem here.
Is there a plan to provide a .rpm?
If you need debug information, count with me.

Thank you

kplain said:
Will an RPM install be provided, also?  I can extract DEB files and install manually.  But, I get an activation error with BeerSmithRecipes.com.  Activation works for my BeerSmith2 instance, which was installed from an RPM build.

Back