Author Topic: Activating BeerSmith 3  (Read 1986 times)

Offline sassandrew

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Activating BeerSmith 3
« on: July 31, 2018, 09:55:53 PM »
I've been running the trial version of BeerSmith 3 on my laptop and everything has been working great! I decided to purchase the Gold subscription and when I go to activate it I get an error that BeerSmith cannot connect to the server. I have tried turning my firewall off and it still cannot connect. Any Ideas on what else I could try or is the server down?

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Activating BeerSmith 3
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:46:21 PM »
Hi,
  BeerSmith 3 uses a secure connection to BeerSmithRecipes.com via the default SSL port which is port 443.  Most people
who have problems activating can resolve it by either white-listing BeerSmith in their antivirus or opening up port 443 in their
firewall.

I also have an offline activation process I can send you but this will not resolve the problem of accessing the cloud or
cloud search features in BeerSmith 3 which also use the same secure connection and port.

If you are running Vista you may need to download a TLS 1.2 patch as the new site uses TLS 1.2.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline kplain

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: Activating BeerSmith 3
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 01:31:58 PM »
Are there other reasons for activation errors?  I use Linux and can access BeerSmithRecipes.com from command line, all browsers, and BeerSmith2.  It is only BeerSmith3 that will not connect.

modification