• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Activating BeerSmith 3

sassandrew

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've been running the trial version of BeerSmith 3 on my laptop and everything has been working great! I decided to purchase the Gold subscription and when I go to activate it I get an error that BeerSmith cannot connect to the server. I have tried turning my firewall off and it still cannot connect. Any Ideas on what else I could try or is the server down?

Hi,
  BeerSmith 3 uses a secure connection to BeerSmithRecipes.com via the default SSL port which is port 443.  Most people
who have problems activating can resolve it by either white-listing BeerSmith in their antivirus or opening up port 443 in their
firewall.

I also have an offline activation process I can send you but this will not resolve the problem of accessing the cloud or
cloud search features in BeerSmith 3 which also use the same secure connection and port.

If you are running Vista you may need to download a TLS 1.2 patch as the new site uses TLS 1.2.

Brad

Are there other reasons for activation errors?  I use Linux and can access BeerSmithRecipes.com from command line, all browsers, and BeerSmith2.  It is only BeerSmith3 that will not connect.

Back