• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Creating Mash Profile: Bazooka Screen?

Exit12Brewery_Nick

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey all!

Looking to use a pre-made mash profile to my BS3. I have a 10gal cooler w/ a bazooka screen. Unfortunately I can't find a profile that includes the bazooka, only a false bottom. If a profile including the bazooka doesn't exist, what kind of values could I input that would be reflective of a bazooka screen?

Thanks!

The profiles included in the program are templates. You need to set up an equipment profile to atch your gear. Here's a link to a video showing you how to do it:

http://brulosophy.com/2014/08/04/beersmith-tutorial-equipment-profile-setup/

Once you have set it up, keep good notes on your first few brews and tweak the profile as needed until dialed in.

Any type of equipment profile with a mash tun, and boil kettle should work as a basis for constructing your own equipment profile.  The nature of what is used to retrain the grains from being drained from the mash tun is immaterial to the settings, which as BOB357 pointed out needs to be customized for each individual's set up.  You will still need to get the weight, material specific heat and dead space of the mash tun. 

The beauty of BeerSmith is that almost all the settings can be customized to meet your needs. 

Back