• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Timer Alarm not working on Beersmith 3 Mobile

GJC

Apprentice
Reaction score
The Brewday Timer alarm on Beersmith 3 Mobile is not working.  Timer keeps running in background, but does not alarm at the various steps.  Also the application appears to crash when each step of timer is complete (I get message "Beersmith 3 has stopped working"), but application seems to keep running in background.  I am running Android 7, on a Motorola Moto G4 Plus.

Thanks, Greg.

GJC said:
The Brewday Timer alarm on Beersmith 3 Mobile is not working.  Timer keeps running in background, but does not alarm at the various steps.  Also the application appears to crash when each step of timer is complete (I get message "Beersmith 3 has stopped working"), but application seems to keep running in background.  I am running Android 7, on a Motorola Moto G4 Plus.

Thanks, Greg.

I experienced the same problem when brewing today.
Both on my Lenovo tablet running Android 7.1.1, and on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone running Android 8.0.0.

Very frustrating.....

I have the same issue on Galaxy S7 running Android 8.  The timer works until there is a step notification  then the app crashes. If i re-open the app, it will continue, but the steps get messed up for a while.  Really messed up my timing for hop additions.

I am having the same issue on a Motorola Moto-Z. Is there a fix for this?

Same here.  No audible alarm going off.  I double checked my volumes, etc...

Radio silence?

I had been running BS2 mobile on my Samsung Tab S2 for at least a year and had zero issues with running it.
I had upgraded my desktop version to BS3 when it was released and so far have been pleased with most of it (mash acidification the notable exception, but there are other lesser issues).

I noticed a couple of weeks ago my BS2 installation had been automagically upgraded to BS3, and thought that was pretty cool.
Today I used BS3 mobile for the first time and frankly it was a disappointing experience. It crashed at each and every "event" in the brew day timer function.
No bueno.

Gotta be frank, I'd prefer to have BS2 back if this is what I'm stuck with on BS3. It's basically unusable on brew days, so what's the point?

Cheers!

Created a BS3 recipe with all of the events occurring on 5 minute intervals as a test vehicle. Crashes my tablet at every event, never posts a Notification.
Discovered the same functional problems using my GS8+, so it's not my tablet. Maybe Brad doesn't like Samsung? ;)

Tried uninstalling BS3 and installing fresh from Play, no joy, same problems.
Checked the permissions for BS3 and turned everything on, still fubar.

Last resort: I had a backup APK for the last BS2 Mobile release, so I uninstalled BS3 and installed BS2.
Et voila! BS2 Mobile will load recipes I create using BS3 on my peecee, and posts Notifications at every instance perfectly.

So I have a brew day work-around until this problem is hopefully addressed...

Cheers!

The plugin I've been using is not currently compatible with Android Oreo and will crash.  We've also had issues on some Android 7 devices.

I am working on a fix for this and will post it as soon as I can get a proper plugin updated.

Brad

Back