• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Extract to all grain

G

ggltd

First I would like to say how happy I am using this software.  I left ProMash and haven't looked back.  My brews days have become shorter and more successful- my results are fantastic. One feature I think that would make BeerSmith next to perfect for imputing new recipes would be the following.  So many times I come across a recipe that looks interesting but is either an extract or partial mash.  As I only do all grain it would be great to have a conversion table or pop up window that would take the extract amount and convert to lbs. grain.  I know there are general rules of thumb to do this by guesstimate in your head, but I generally don't trust myself to do this. 

Best Regards,
Gary

Brad:  I wrote too soon!  I was looking at some other posts and replies when I came across your link to the recipe conversion tool.  You already figured this out, and I haven’t used the program long enough to know this. You are a genius! 

Thanks again, Gary

Back