• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Suggestion

mr_beer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have BeerSmith2.  Periodically I check if there are updates and routinely I have received the answer that 'the most recent' version is installed.

I have been waiting for the mead and cider capabilities and no notifications werepresent. 

For some reason I went to the BeerSmith web site today and noticed that a NEW VERSION is available.  My suggestion is that you notify existing BeerSmith2 users that an update is available when they check.

That will probably help sales a bunch. 

If you subscribe to Brad's email updates, you would have known back in May/June that he was working to get the new version out before HomeBrewCon.  He sent emails out when it was about to be released and when it was released.

He has also mentioned it in his podcasts and it has been the subject of many conversations on this forum, HBT, The American Homebrewers Association Forum, Reddit Home Brewing community for months now. 

Well, it is obvious that I am not 'beer centric'.  I get over 2000 emails per week and manage my life according to what is important.  I am sure there are others that do not follow these BeerSmith topics carefully.

The point is that when I inquired about an update it did not advise me that a new version was available.  Fix that issue and I am sure sales will improve. 

I was also posted on this forum long before the release.

Back