Author Topic: Vista 64 - Beersmith Brewing Program has stopped working...  (Read 3467 times)

Offline NCBluesman

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Vista 64 - Beersmith Brewing Program has stopped working...
« on: November 13, 2008, 06:31:02 AM »
I'm running Vista 64 on a Dell Latitude D620.  I'm in my trial period and was using the program just fine last evening.  I installed Quickbooks Pro 2009 plus I had a Windows Security Update performed sometime in the night.  This morning, I can start BeerSmith just fine, but when I try to open an existing recipe or create a new recipe I get "Beersmith Brewing Program has stopped working..."  Anything else works fine - I can open up the tools, lists edit them, etc.  But not a recipe.

I've tried uninstalling Beersmith and reinstalling it to no avail.  I love this program and hope that I can get this resolved.  Unfortunately, uninstalling QuickBooks or undoing Vista security updates is not an option. 

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Vista 64 - Beersmith Brewing Program has stopped working...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 07:20:40 AM »
Try giving this patch a try - here's a zipped patch:
   http://beersmith.com/beersmith_patch.zip

Its a zipped version of the executable only, so you need to extract it and put it in your BeerSmith folder to replace the existing executable.

Cheers,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline NCBluesman

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: Vista 64 - Beersmith Brewing Program has stopped working...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:37:34 AM »
Thank you, Brad.  That solved the problem.  BTW - I love the program!  I'm a recent convert from a competing product.  The usability is excellent!  I have 10 days left on the trial, but will definitely become a paying customer.

modification