• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hard drive collapse and beersmith

TunOfGrunt

New Forum Member
Reaction score
A couple of days ago, my newish laptop developed a 'fatal hard drive error' :-[. I can live with that, but what I am finding difficult is possibly losing all my old recipes formulated in beersmith. I ran the laptop in safe mode in order to get everything backed up off of it, including the beersmith software. But when I loaded the software onto a new machine here, despite running okay, I couldn't find any of my old recipes. I did follow the suggestion posted in relation to another posting of tryng to find the compatibility files on my laptop, but no success. Any advice anyone?

Best wishes

Neil

Your recipes should be in the "C:\Program Files\BeerSmith" directory as the file recipes.bsm

If you are running Vista, they may be under the compatability directory under it, the full path of which depends on which user you logged in as (see the other posts here on compatability directory).

The final alternative is that you possibly had BeerSmith installed somewhere else and did not know it - you can do a search for *.BSM on your old computer and perhaps locate it there.

Cheers,
Brad Smith

Thanks Brad. The .bsm search, together with the earlier instructions regarding the location of the compatability files, worked perfectly.

best,

Neil

Back