• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

May be a bug - some items not making it into the cart.

chasjs

Apprentice
Reaction score
When I push - add to cart - not all the ingredients make it into the cart.  I found this out the hard way when I was short one malt after a trip to the lhbs. 

Here is recipe in the design view -

And here is the corresponding shopping list view -

You can see the Chocalate Malt (350 SRM) is missing.  I replicated the problem several times.  Always the same malt which appears to be in the fermentables list.

I now double check the shopping list.

The items are added together in the shopping list and listed as 'chocolate malt'.  Maybe this is due to the common name, despite the differences in the malt properties. 

I am more concerned in the conversion from the recipe to the shopping list.  6.7 oz came through as 0.67 lbs, not 0.42 lbs as it should have.  Same with the Caramel 80L: listed as 11.2 oz in the recipe, but 1.16 lbs on the shopping list.  The pale 2-row also is listed as 10 lbs 9.3 oz in the recipe but comes through as 16.86 lbs on the shopping list.  Was there something else in the list before you added the recipe to the shopping cart?

I would recommend clearing the shopping cart and trying it again to double check to see if it repeats.  Having worked with metric weights and volumes, I hadn't seen this happening before now. 

Definitely both of these issues need to be reported directly to Brad.

The malts are separate in the fermentables list.  I think the amount are coming through okay - I had also hit -add to cart on a 3 gal version of the same recipe.  I cleared it and re did it and the amounts seem to be okay.

Do I email Brad direct or is the support forum monitored?  I just thought I was reporting the bug.

OK, your 3 gal recipe along with the one you posted would most likely explain the amount.

Your best bet is to email Brad to get it on his radar screen directly and maybe get quicker response.

Back