• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Missing yeast

cgwilso

Apprentice
Reaction score
Since upgrading to Beersmith 3 All the Wyeast and most of the White Labs yeasts are missing from the ingredients list. Am I missing something?

Go to Brewsmith - Ingredients - Yeast
Wyeast Labs show up under the Lab column

If you click once on the Lab column you can sort by alphabetical.  Either A first or Z first.
They you will see all of the Wyeast entries.

Cabin

Thanks, but. I did that and it only shows 1 wyeast entry and 8 obscure white labs entries. It is crazy that I have to revert to beersmith 2 to develop new recipes because the most used yeast aren't included.

You do not need to revert to BS2 to develop the recipes.  Since you still have it on your computer, go to the BeerSmith2 subfolder in your 'documents' folder.  Copy the files that start with 'yeast' and paste them into the BeerSmith3 folder. 

I am having a similar problem.  I have gone into the yeast files and see that my Beersmith 3 yeast file includes a number that were not included in my Beersmith 2 yeast file, but the reverse is also true.  Many of the dry yeasts and Wyeast that are included in Beersmith 2 are not in my Beersmith 3 file.  Going in through the ingredients/yeast path does not cure this.  If I access the Beersmith online yeast list, at least most, if not all, of the missing yeasts are listed there.  Is there a way to download and updated yeast file to get them all in one place?

I am also having this problem and, unlike the poster above, I deleted my copy of Beersmith2. How do I get the full yeast list?

I have attached a copy of the yeasts that I have.  There are a few which have been added to reflect yeasts that I have repitched, but the basic list is there.

Attachments

• Yeast.bsmx
    641.3 KB · Views: 254
I have this same problem.  I copied and pasted the Yeast files from Beersmith 2 into Beersmith 3, but they still don't display in the Yeast ingredient list.  Is there something else that needs to done?

Well, you can try the import from BS2> BS3 under 'files', but I think that imports all the files and not sure how the merge of files works.

Or, you can download the link I posted above, open it in BeerSmith 3, and copy/paste into your yeast ingredient profiles.

OK, got it working.  Turns out I had 6 copies of the Yeast file in BeerSmith 3.  I deleted all of them, then copied the downloaded Yeast file into BeerSmith 3 and it works fine.
Thanks for your help.

There should be one copy of Yeast.bsmx in the documents folder.  Backups are numbered Yeast1.bsmx, Yeast2.bsmx, etc.

Back