• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

2.5g Jubelale Clone - Please review recipe

jgaepi

Apprentice
Reaction score
Second recipe using Beer Smith. Please help review my recipe again. This time it's a 2.5g Jubelale clone. From what I could find online, I'm really surprised this recipe wouldn't call for any spice additions. Also, this time surprised by the low amount of mash water - and much higher sparge amount. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Jubelale Clone.pdf
    153.3 KB · Views: 259
You have an initial infusion of around 1.26 qts/lb of grain, which is not unusual. You do have complete control over the split of mash infusion versus sparge water by adjusting the amount of water added for initial infusion in your mash profile.  Edit the mash profile and the first mash step.  You can set the total volume of water you want or the water to grain ratio and the program will go by that figure. 

I'm not saying that I want to change it. It just surprised me. My memory fades but I don't remember having higher sparge water amounts in the past.

Oginme said:
You have an initial infusion of around 1.26 qts/lb of grain, which is not unusual. You do have complete control over the split of mash infusion versus sparge water by adjusting the amount of water added for initial infusion in your mash profile.  Edit the mash profile and the first mash step.  You can set the total volume of water you want or the water to grain ratio and the program will go by that figure.

Back