• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

importing to new computer

scratchchance

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a new computer and while I can backup the files from my old rig I cannot import into the newly installed beersmith 2 on my new computer. my recipes are in the cloud but my equipment profile, ingredients, and other things including my recipes I cannot find out how to do that. There is no import wizard like beer tools has

Hi,
  You can transfer your installation over to a new computer.

If you have BeerSmith2, make a backup copy of your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory.

Next check the Help->Activate command to get your registration key, then download
and install the new copy on your new computer.  After you've run it and used your key to activate
it you can (if desired) move your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory over to the new computer
which will carry over your recipes and other data.

When you are done with the old computer and have your data saved, you can then uninstall it from the old one.

Brad

Back