• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Fermentis yeast

Z

Zanelatto

Any chance u can add Fermentis yeast to yeast.bsm? Its the most usual yeast here in Brasil. Ty very much

I believe the Fermentis yeasts are in BeerSmith under a lab name of "DCL" from their corporate name of Division of S. I. Lasaffre.

If you look under DCL you should see the familiar strains of S-05, S-04, S-33, and T-58, among a few others. 

Brad - I don't know the global market, but would Fermentis be more recognized in most countries?  I always wondered why they were DCL too, until I looked it up. 

http://www.fermentis.com/FO/EN/06-Ales/90-10_product_cb.asp

Fermentis is pretty popular in Northern Brewer forum, especially S-05 (similar to wyeast 1056). I'd say it's readility available in the US. I use S-04, S-05, and S-33 at various times.

Us-05 is a great general purpose yeast.  You can pitch it dry, it starts pretty quick, it is forgiving, and cheap.

It also works different depending on temp.  This fall I had batches ferment out in days.  Now that the brewery is colder,58ish it works slower.

Back